Why Read? Join the BlueSky Conversation!



This week, your Student Services Advisors are asking you an important question...


Why Read?

Take a minute (just one!) and view the “Why Read?” video above. 
Then.... it's time to connect about reading!

Here is the questions we are asking:


What are you currently reading?
What book(s) have you read that you would recommend to others? 



 Hop on to one of these sites, or leave comments below, and get in on the conversation!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished a book called "Please stop laughing at me." It is a book about a girl who happens to be different than all the other kids. She had to switch schools a number of times, because the level of bullying she had encountered. It wasn't just a "just give it a few days, they'll stop eventually." Jodee, the author of the story decided to write about her experiences to try and spread the word about this tricky subject. Bullying is never okay. I personally think more people should pick up this book and give it a read. You could even find it online. A change really needs to be made, because how many lives are being ended to innocent people out there because of bullying? This needs to stop! I will never be a bystander. I use to be the kid that just observed what was happening instead of getting an adult, or telling the bully to stop. Now, I am NOT afraid to say something. I will continue to stick up for the victims, because nobody deserves this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Kaitlan! Your book suggestion is wonderful. Bullying is so damaging and it's everyone's responsibility to help stop it.

      Delete