[Teacher Tuesdays!]: Eric Ljosenvoor Part ONE
And....Teacher Tuesdays are BACK!
I can't wait to introduce you to Eric Ljosenvoor.
Please enjoy PART ONE of this interview-style post!
Check the blog next Tuesday for even more about this awesome BlueSky teacher!
What is your role at BlueSky?
Hoo, boy! I wear three different hats here. I am part of the welcome & support team, so I contact students and get them set up for orientation session. I also teach the group pace Geometry course in my role as a math teacher. Finally, I'm part of the intervention team here, where I help students hone any math skills that may have lost their edge, and do some data crunching and form building to manage all the information we collect.
What is your favorite part of working from home?
I have a bunch of toys on my desk that I play with when waiting for students to download software or when the 'net is slow.
What is your favorite food or restaurant?
It hardly qualifies as a food, but I enjoy munching ice cubes.
My favorite thing to cook is Beef Stroganoff.
My favorite restaurant is probably Angeno's, a pizza place near where I grew up.
My favorite thing to cook is Beef Stroganoff.
My favorite restaurant is probably Angeno's, a pizza place near where I grew up.
Do you have any pets?
One cat, Rozetta. Yes, I know it's spelled wrong, but that's how the shelter spelled it, and so we've kept it. She is the most expensive shelter cat I have ever owned. We used to farm, and she got hit by the neighbors when they were joyriding on their ATVs. We had to have her jaw put back together by the vet.
What are your hobbies or activities that you like to do in your spare time?
Being a dyed-in-the-wool geek (see my hat), my hobbies lean towards the dorkish. I enjoy playing card games, board games, and pen & paper RPGs. I run an official Pokémon league at the local comic shop. I'm also an avid artist, and I like to carry my sketchbook with me. When it's warmer, I usually take my kids to the nature center for some quality looking-at-green-things-and-wild-animals time.
There is so much more to share about Eric...I decided to feature him AGAIN next week! Make sure to check back!











0 comments: