[Teacher Tuesdays]: April Scharnberg


April Scharnberg



Happy Tuesday!! I'm excited to share another member of the BlueSky family, April Scharnberg. This is April's 4th school year at BlueSky! 

What is your role at BlueSky? 
I am .50 Student Services Advisor and .50 School Social Worker


What is your Education background?

I graduated from Fergus Falls high school, attended the local college for a year, and then finished my degree in Social Work at St. Cloud State University.

What is your favorite part of working from home?
I love being able to take a short break and go for a walk (or run) in the woods. Working from home gives me a chance to enjoy nature on a short break if I need to!

What is your favorite food?
I love food! My favorite food is Indian food. There is a great restaurant near us in St. Croix Falls called the Vegetarian. I love food from our culture and other cultures.


Do you have any pets?
I have a golden retriever named Aspen. She is beautiful, calm, and a bit lazy.

What are your hobbies?
I love to be outside. I live near Interstate State park (along the St. Croix river) and spend a lot of my free time camping, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, biking, backpacking, climbing, trail running, having campfires, snowshoeing, sledding...pretty much anything outdoors.


Do you have any fun or interesting tidbits to share?
Last year, I ran a 10K trail run (and placed 5th in my age category), attended the BlueSky graduation ceremony, and left for our 3,000 mile summer road trip all in one day. 


What do you like most about BlueSky Online?
I love how BlueSky staff takes time to help students. They are flexible and more than willing to go the extra mile to help students. I am so impressed with the sense of community and genuine care for students the BlueSky team possess.

0 comments: