[Teacher Tuesdays]: Heather Novak
Heather Novak
Welcome to yet another installment of Teacher Tuesdays!
This week I'm sharing teacher Heather Novak. She has been with BlueSky for 11 years!
What is your role at BlueSky?
Social Studies Lead/Teacher, curriculum committee at present, but many others in the past.
What is your Education background?
College of St. Benedict: BA in Social Science, minors in History and Secondary Ed
Saint Mary's University: M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning
I love my book club, traveling, singing, watching sports, being active, and snuggling with my kids.
What do you like most about teaching at BlueSky?
I love that I get to work with students one-on-one and help them with things that they, specifically, need help with. It's so personalized and so flexible. I also love working with other people who want what is best for students and who are just amazing people. I am lucky to count them as friends and co-workers.
What ways do you like to interact with your students?
I love connecting with students in whatever way is most comfortable for them! Email and texting are particularly easy, because they can be done from anywhere, anytime. I also enjoy hosting live sessions, so I can interact with groups of students and answer questions in real time.











0 comments: