[Teacher Tuesdays!]: Katie Roorda
On Tuesdays, check the blog to read about one of our amazing teachers!!
This week I begin with the lovely and talented Katie Roorda:
Katie is BlueSky's Family and Consumer Science Teacher. She teaches:
Interior and Architectural Design
Fashion Design
Parenting
Life Skills
Culinary Arts 1 and 2
Katie received her BS in Family and Consumer Science Education at Minnesota State University in Mankato, MN.
When asked how she likes to spend her free time, Katie replied:
"I enjoy spending as much time with my family as possible. Love going on fun adventures together. I also love decorating my house and enjoy helping others put their visions to life. And don't forget.. shopping! Love to shop."
What Katie likes most about teaching for BlueSky:
"I most like working at BlueSky because it was the perfect fit for what I was looking for professionally and personally. It allows me to work from home, which has always been appealing for me as well as advance professionally in my career. BlueSky allows me to really connect one on one with my students enabling them to reach their goals and succeed! It is so fun to see students who were struggling in a traditional environment succeed at BlueSky- very rewarding."
Why Katie likes teaching online:
"I became an online teacher because I think it is awesome to be able to give students choosing the online route the same opportunities as those in the traditional setting."
And most importantly...Katie's favorite food?
CHOCOLATE!











0 comments: